What is peppermint bark made from?
Another question is: How do you make peppermint bark?
- Place 1/3 of the peppermint candy on a 9x13-inch baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- To melt the milk chocolate, heat the double boiler on low heat. Stir frequently. Scrape the sides with a rubber spatula.
Likewise, does Peppermint Bark need refrigerated? Peppermint bark must be stored in an airtight container and dark place to ensure maximum shelf life. If you don't need it immediately, wrap peppermint bark in plastic as soon as it cools.
People also ask why Peppermint Bark is called bark.
A Brickle is a dialectical term for abrittle. It means aeasily broke. This combination of the pleasure of candy and the destructive thrill of breaking something into pieces was called aBrickle. This is something I have noticed in recent years.
What is the shelf life of peppermint bark?
- Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 238 degrees F(114 degrees C).
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool.
- The Spruce.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasty brown.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat in a double boiler or in the microwave until melted.
- Stir the toasted almonds into the chocolate.
95% of readers found this page helpful.
Rate this post by clicking on a star above
Thank you for your vote!