Is it safe to eat catfish from Vietnam?
Is it safe to eat basa from Vietnam?
Research has shown that basa fish have low levels of heavy metal residues ( 19, 20, 20). It has been suggested that basafish may be a more dangerous food due to the way it is raised and the environment it lives in. Contamination is a possibility in the ponds where catfish such as basa are raised.
Catfish is also good for your health. There are many health benefits to Catfish. Catfish is low in calories and fat. Catfish can be included in your healthy diet. It is rich in healthy fats such as omega 3 & 6. Because of its low mercury content, the Environmental Protection Agency listed catfish as one of the most popular fish.
What is the Vietnamese name for catfish?
Basa (Pangasius bocourti), is a type of catfish belonging to the Pangasiidae family. Basa are found in the Mekong, Chao Phraya and other areas of Mainland Southeast Asia.
Are fish from the Mekong River considered safe?
According to media reports, pangasius hypophthalmus (Pangasius hypophthalmus), is considered 'highly toxic' as it can survive in the heavily polluted Mekong River. They also claim that the fish is high in pesticides and chemicals used for veterinary treatment.
- Money switch. It's usually motorbike taxi drivers that try this one.
- The groin grab. This one preys on men in touristy areas.
- Fake taxis. The two best companies in Vietnam are Vinasun (white) and Mai Linh (green).
- Fake travel companies.
- The two-shine.
- A fine bag of tea.
- The coconut photo shoot.
- Bait-and-switch massage.
- Bluefin Tuna.
- Chilean Sea Bass (aka Patagonian Toothfish)
- Orange Roughy.
- Salmon (farmed)
- Wild Planet Wild Sardines.
- Crown Prince Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil.
- King Oscar Sardines Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- BRUNSWICK Sardine Fillets in Spring Water.
- Season Sardines in Water.
- Skinless and Boneless Sardines.
- King Oscar Wild Caught Brisling Sardines.
- Tiny Tot Sardines in Olive Oil.
- Alaskan salmon. There's a debate about whether wild salmon or farmed salmon is the better option.
- Cod. This flaky white fish is a great source of phosphorus, niacin, and vitamin B-12.
- Herring. A fatty fish similar to sardines, herring is especially good smoked.
- Rainbow trout.
95% of readers found this page helpful.
Rate this post by clicking on a star above
Thank you for your vote!