What is the cost to install a tow-package?
What is the cost of adding a tow package to your vehicle?
A trailer hitch costs between $150 and $800. The average cost of a gooseneck hitch is $400-$800. Fifth wheel hitches are $500-$2,500.
Is a towing package required? A hitch or tow package is not necessary if you're not going to tow. Although a hitch/package can increase your ability to sell, it won't necessarily make you more money.
Can you then add a tow kit aftermarket?
Should you let the dealer install it or do you go with an aftermarket option? We recommend that you buy it from your dealera but that you plan ahead. All vehicles suitable for towing are eligible for aTrailer Prep Packagea from automakers. If you intend to tow, get it.
What is included in a tow package?
A factory-installed trailer package will usually include a hitch platform and engine cooling. It also includes a trailer towing wiring harness and strong frames for mounting the hitch. Manufacturers may also offer to add rear-end gearing and upgraded alternator or battery as well as towing circuitry for trailer lights.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver.
- Ball Mount.
- Pin and Clip.
- Trailer Hitch Ball.
- Wiring Harness.
- Position Your Wiring. If possible, feed the wires through the hollow opening of your trailer frame in the front where the trailer attaches to the ball hitch on your vehicle.
- Attach the Ground Wire to the Trailer.
- Connect the Brown Wiring.
- Connect the Remaining Wires.
|Class||Basic Use||Gross Trailer Weight (lbs)|
- Ground the white wire from the converter to a clean, metal surface on the tow vehicle chassis.
- Using a circuit tester, find the factory wires that carry the brake lights, running lights and right turn and left turn signals on the tow vehicle.
95% of readers found this page helpful.
Rate this post by clicking on a star above
Thank you for your vote!