What is Wimbi?
Also, do you want to know how long porridge should be cooked?
Place 50g porridge oatmeal in a saucepan. Add 350ml milk/water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally and make sure it doesn't stick in the bottom of your pan.
What is Uji food? Uji, also known to be the Kenyan Fermented Porridge is the ultimate comfort food and is full of probiotics. It is made from dried maize, millet, and/or sorghum. The water is added to the mixture and it is left to ferment for several days before being cooked.
How do you make fermented Sorghum Porridge?
- Mix starter with dry sorghum meals to make fermented bogobe.
- Mix 250 to 300ml of lukewarm milk in a bowl and stir until you have a thick paste.
- Cover with a towel and let it ferment for 24 hours.
- Boil 1 500ml of water.
- Boil water and add fermented meal. Stir often.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes
Do I make porridge with milk, or just water?
Milk = Creamy Goodness. The key to a creamy and not-gluey bowl is enough water. Notice that we have said watercooking oatmeal with milk tends to create thicker, stickier oatmeal. Follow the instructions on the canister with H2O. Then add a splash or almond milk to the bowl.
- Mix the Mabelle maize in hot water for 3days and cover it to be fermented.
- Once it's fermented the you can cook it.
- Pour water in a pot and let it boiled.
- Gradually add the fermented maize meal and stir slowly to avoid the lumps the cover the pot let it simmer for almost 30 minutes to cook.
95% of readers found this page helpful.
Rate this post by clicking on a star above
Thank you for your vote!