What are the business rules for ServiceNow?
Keep this in mind, how can you create business rules in ServiceNow.
Create an business rule
- Navigate to System Definition >Business Rules.
- Click on New.
- As appropriate, fill in the required fields. Note: To see all fields, you might have to set up the form. Table 1. Fields of Business Rule. Field. Description. Name. Name. Table. Choose the table where the business rule is applied.
- Click on Submit.
What is a business rule? A business rule could state, for example, that customers returning to the rental agency are not subject to a credit check. Another example of business rules is requiring rental agents to refuse tenants with low credit ratings, or to use a list preferred suppliers and supply lists for company agents.
What are the business rules for a database?
Business Rules. A business rule is a statement that places some kind of restriction on a particular aspect of the database. For example, the elements in a field specification or the characteristics of a relationship.
What is a Display Business Rule?
Display rules are executed on the server when a request to display an item in a form is made, but before data is sent from server.
- Name – Give each business rule a unique identifier.
- Description – Describe the purpose of the business rule.
- Example – If possible, include an example of the rule.
- Source – Identify the source of the rule so it can be verified.
- Related Rules – Identify related business rules, if any, to support traceability.
- Navigate to System Definition > Business Rules.
- Click New.
- Fill in the fields, as appropriate. Note: You might need to configure the form to see all fields. Table 1. Business Rule fields. Field. Description. Name. Enter a name for the business rule. Table. Select the table that the business rule runs on.
- Click Submit.
- Databases can store very large numbers of records efficiently (they take up little space).
- It is very quick and easy to find information .
- It is easy to add new data and to edit or delete old data.
- Data can be searched easily, eg 'find all Ford cars'.
95% of readers found this page helpful.
Rate this post by clicking on a star above
Thank you for your vote!