Are Flowers dangerous for cats?
Another question is: Which flowers are toxic for cats?
Here is a list of common plants that can be toxic to cats:
- Amaryllis (Amaryllis spp.)
- Colchicum autumnale (Autumn Crocus)
- Rhododendrons and Azaleas (Rhododendron species)
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
- Chrysanthemum, Daisy, Mum (Chrysanthemum spp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen spp.)
- Daffodils, Narcissus (Narcissus spp.)
Roses are also poisonous for cats, so it is worth asking. Roses are safe flowers for dogs and cats. Daisies. Dr.
It is also important to find out if cats will eat poisonous plants.
Cats are very picky and will be careful with what they eat. Poisoning cats occurs very rarely. The kitten or young cat is at greatest risk of eating toxic plants. Boredom can also play a role.
What indoor plants can be poisonous for cats?
Here are 18 common houseplants which can be toxic to dogs and cats.
- Aloe. Aloe | iStock.com/ek_kochetkova.
- Asian lily. Lilies | iStock.com/Lindseycruz.
- Asparagus fern. Fern | iStock.com/hadkhanong_Thailand.
- Begonia. Flowers are the choice of a woman.
- Bird of paradise.
- Branching ivy.
- Blue Echeveria.
- Areca or Golden Palm.
- Burro's Tail or Lamb's Tail.
- Christmas Cactus.
- Cliff Brake or Button Fern.
- Hens and Chickens.
- Pearl Plant.
- Valerian. Dried valerian root © 3268zauber / CC-BY-3.0.
- Cat's Claw and Dandelion Root.
- Garlic and chives.
- The ASPCA's list of 17 top toxic plants to steer your kitty away from.
- Lilies. Members of the Lilium family are considered to be highly toxic to cats.
- Sago Palm.
- Tulip/Narcissus Bulbs.
|Autumn Crocus||Iris||Bird of Paradise|
|Climbing Lily*||Lily of the Valley*||Cyclamen|
- Make Your Plants Stink (to Your Cat) Cats are really, really sensitive to smell.
- Choose Plants Cats Hate. Some plants just aren't cats' cup of tea.
- Spray Your Plant's Leaves.
- Place Your Plants Strategically.
- Spider Plant. Also known for their air-purifying properties, spider plants make great houseplants because of their ease of maintenance.
- Asparagus Fern. This visually-appealing houseplant is commonly found in a hanging basket or a regular container.
- Sweet Basil.
- African Violet.
95% of readers found this page helpful.
Rate this post by clicking on a star above
Thank you for your vote!